Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

96 Deville A/C Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2008, 10:33 PM
Default 96 Deville A/C Problems

Hey guys need your help! The condensation from my a/c is draining on the inside of my car. I don't know why it even has so much condensation, but I'm talking alot. The floor board on the passenger side was soaked tonight after a 100 mile round trip. It's not the heater core, you can see the water dripping, it's crystal clear and ice cold! Also, at night when it cools down and I turn the a/c up to about 74 or 75, the a/c freezes up.

Old 06-06-2008, 12:30 AM
Default RE: 96 Deville A/C Problems

Well found out the evaporator coil drain was stopped up. Took it to a a/c service shop and the tech put it on a rack and stuck some kind of tool in the drain and pulled it back out. Then about 2 gallons of water came out, that doesn't include the 2 gallons already in the floor board. Also the cause of the freeze up was low freon. No surprise there, vacuumedthe system and recharged. We'll see how it goes from here. Hope this helps someone in the future.