Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

90 DeVille no heat, AC, or Fan

Old 11-22-2008, 04:02 PM
Default 90 DeVille no heat, AC, or Fan

Ok, this car has me at wit's end. Here's what it used to do: When you would push the defrost or A/C button on the environmental control panel it used to blow the fuse for the instrument cluster, bcm, radio, etc. I disconnected the plug from the blower motor to see if the blower motor was popping the fuse when it turned on. After disconnecting the plug from the blower the fuse wouldn't blow anymore. Ok, figured it was the blower motor. Decided to test to see if I was getting power at the plug end of the blower motor. So I connected my volt meter and pressed the AC, Fan and heater controls to turn it on. I saw no change in voltage at the plug. Now I reconnected the blower and the fuse doesn't blow anymore. OK, what is going on here. My Haynes is useless, it just talks about replacing the blower motor, but if I'm not getting any power to the motor's plug, changing the motor is useless.
So my questions are:
1. Has anyone else experienced this and how did they fix it?
2. Is there a computer module like the body control module that controls this and could that be the culprit?
3.Why did this have to happen in winter in Washington?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me.
Sincerely,
John

Old 11-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default RE: 90 DeVille no heat, AC, or Fan

There is a module called a power module located engine side of firewall almost at the upper center. It drops down into the evaporator case to keep it cool. Sometimes covered over with a black plastic cover. 2 electrical plugs connect to it. It varies the fan speeds depending on in car temperature. Should see 2 blue wire tie things retaining the electrical plugs to it.