Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

2001 Deville DTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 05:00 PM
Default 2001 Deville DTS

The digital portion of the dash display does not display when I switch. A new battery was recently installed and I'm wondering if that is the problem. It worked prior to that change. Also, I'm under the impression there is some way to do a "re-boot" that might help my problem? Any assistance would be appreciated

Old 11-19-2010, 07:04 PM

dash doesnt display when you switch what???

if you want to reset any of the electrical stuff on your car just take the positive cable off your battery for at least an hour then re-hook it back up and there ya go...

but if your mirrors aren't working too maybe you got too big of a battery and blew some fuses in your car man. you should have no problems going through the fuse relay centers and finding the blown fuses. If theres no diagram explaining what they operate go to a car store and look through the chilton for your car to do it the cheap way, buy it for the way to take care of your car for pretty mich good, or just take the fuses out one-by-one and replace the blown ones for the quick and cheapest way(not even paying for gas to get to the car store)

good luck and let us know how it goes for you

Old 11-20-2010, 07:19 AM

When I press the switch to change from an analog look to a digital look. Also available is when both looks are on. I get the analog look just fine but nothing for the digital look. Also don't get the shifter location lights. I am going to try the battery reset as you suggested.