Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

1993 cadillac deville

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2014, 05:09 PM
Default 1993 cadillac deville trunk lock won't work

146 views and not one person has offered any advice....this site is a joke! so much for the cadillac experts.

Hello,

My automatic trunk lock started acting up, sometimes it would open and sometimes it would'nt. Most the time we just used the button in the glove box to open it. I thought I would replace the lock so I disconnected the wiring where it plugged into to the lock at the trunk lid.

My wife without knowing any better came behind me and closed the lid and it locked down but not tight, it didn't pull down because I had the wiring disconnected. Now I can't figure out how to open the trunk.

I took the back seat and back rest out but it's solid metal with no hole to crawl thru to get at the lock from inside the trunk.

Does anyone know how to open the trunk given all of the above attempts? I can't get to the lock from outside, I can't crawl thru from the backseat area, and the electrical wiring is disconnected from the inside trunk lock. I'm stumped.

There's got to be some way around this, I can't figure it out. I might could get a saws-all inside the gap and cut the hold down bracket but I hate to do that if there is another alternative. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!!

Last edited by HOLDING-ON; 02-23-2014 at 11:32 PM.
Old 09-07-2014, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by HOLDING-ON
146 views and not one person has offered any advice....this site is a joke! so much for the cadillac experts.

Hello,

My automatic trunk lock started acting up, sometimes it would open and sometimes it would'nt. Most the time we just used the button in the glove box to open it. I thought I would replace the lock so I disconnected the wiring where it plugged into to the lock at the trunk lid.

My wife without knowing any better came behind me and closed the lid and it locked down but not tight, it didn't pull down because I had the wiring disconnected. Now I can't figure out how to open the trunk.

I took the back seat and back rest out but it's solid metal with no hole to crawl thru to get at the lock from inside the trunk.

Does anyone know how to open the trunk given all of the above attempts? I can't get to the lock from outside, I can't crawl thru from the backseat area, and the electrical wiring is disconnected from the inside trunk lock. I'm stumped.

There's got to be some way around this, I can't figure it out. I might could get a saws-all inside the gap and cut the hold down bracket but I hate to do that if there is another alternative. Any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks!!
Have you tried the door and trunk key ?

Old 09-09-2014, 03:43 PM

Thanks STEELDARKSTAR

Do your parents know your playing on the computer?

Old 09-10-2014, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by HOLDING-ON
Thanks STEELDARKSTAR

Do your parents know your playing on the computer?
you stated! (My automatic trunk lock started acting up), No where in your post do you say anything about having tried the key, just thought you were so use to using the button you might possibly have slipped on using it ? or maybe didnt have the trunk key as you never stated that you had tried it. I own Maes Automotive down in Austin Tx, Im 55 years old and have 11 kids hell sometimes I slip up on something that simple too. I was not having a laugh at your expense I was just trying to help. ~your welcome

Last edited by steeldarkstar; 09-10-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: wanted too
Old 09-18-2014, 12:12 AM
Banned

I think its a question only for the time pass not based on true issue as it works and encourage for it.What ever if you can,t find nothing so take it to a lock mechanic.So he will brings you out of the situation.