Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

00 Deville Dash Warning Messages and Other Faults

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Default 00 Deville Dash Warning Messages and Other Faults

I run 2 Deville stretched limos as funeral limos here in the UK, a 00 model and a 04 model. Cadillac has only just come to the UK and the dealers have no knowledge of my vehicles as they are too old for them!

The 00 model has had a long running problem (or problems). Sometimes, it simply won't start. Repeated attempts eventualy start it but this isn't good on a funeral! I'm told the warning gong sounds when it is tried to restart the car. More often, there are numerous warnings shown on the dash such as:

Service Security System
ABS/Traction warning
Left or right rear door ajar (when it isn't)
Security warning light

These are the ones I can remember. Sometimes they show and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they all show and sometimes only some show.

I did wonder if the starting problem had something to do with the key as not long after we got the car, the key seemed to lose its memory and we had to keep reprogramming it. If we reprogramme the other key, the original loses its memory and won't start the car.

Also, it also occasionally loses coolant but I can't see where it is coming out. Is there any common issues with cooalnt leaks on these cars?

I suspect I have several problems but even sorting one or two of them out would be an achievement as no one in the UK seems to know anything about them.

Many thanks.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by scollenandwright

I run 2 Deville stretched limos as funeral limos here in the UK, a 00 model and a 04 model. Cadillac has only just come to the UK and the dealers have no knowledge of my vehicles as they are too old for them!

The 00 model has had a long running problem (or problems). Sometimes, it simply won't start. Repeated attempts eventualy start it but this isn't good on a funeral! I'm told the warning gong sounds when it is tried to restart the car. More often, there are numerous warnings shown on the dash such as:

Service Security System
ABS/Traction warning
Left or right rear door ajar (when it isn't)
Security warning light

These are the ones I can remember. Sometimes they show and sometimes they don't. Sometimes they all show and sometimes only some show.

I did wonder if the starting problem had something to do with the key as not long after we got the car, the key seemed to lose its memory and we had to keep reprogramming it. If we reprogramme the other key, the original loses its memory and won't start the car.

Also, it also occasionally loses coolant but I can't see where it is coming out. Is there any common issues with cooalnt leaks on these cars?

I suspect I have several problems but even sorting one or two of them out would be an achievement as no one in the UK seems to know anything about them.

Many thanks.
not enough details provided for a conclusion .. example ..
explain the no start? wont crank? wont fire up? chokes up? what?

coolant .. when? what are you doing when that occurs?

electrics .. at 5+ years, you are probably looking at oxidized connectors, in damp cold country connectors often need cleaning/lube .. you are most likely having issues with the harness connectors for the BCM and the various components the BCM supports.

have done some reading in our FAQ sections ? There is a lot there that may well apply to your cars. read on coolant, overheating, codes .. that sort of thing ...