Cadillac Deville The flagship luxury car, offering the class with which the Cadillac has been associated, for decades

**Help=( Aftermarket Radio install - 2000 Deville DTS**

Old 05-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Unhappy **Help=( Aftermarket Radio install - 2000 Deville DTS**

(...yes i did post this under the aftermarket forum group as well (but that forum doesn't have many viewers, so I figured some of you fellow Deville owner's can help me out)

Hello everyone=)
I'm a n00b and just got my first own car, a 2000 Cadillac Deville DTS, I have 2 Alpine type r subs, and a kenwood 1000 rms amplifier. I just recently bought a new aftermarket Dual CD stereo, with ipod control/bluetooth...all that jazz=)... I went to best buy, bought a GM wiring harness for my 2000 deville ($25) and the aftermarket radio housing ($20)... I wired everything perfectly, (as this guide below told me to)

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange
Car Radio Accessory Switched 12v+ Wire: Yellow
Car Radio Ground Wire: Black
Car Radio Illumination Wire: Gray
Car Stereo Dimmer Wire: Brown
Car Stereo Antenna Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amp Trigger Wire: N/A
Car Stereo Amplifier Location: N/A
Car Audio Front Speakers Size: 6″
Car Audio Front Speakers Location: Doors
Left Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Tan
Left Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Gray
Right Front Speaker Positive Wire (+): Light Green
Right Front Speaker Negative Wire (-): Dark Green
Car Audio Rear Speakers Size: 6″
Car Audio Rear Speakers Location: Rear Deck
Left Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Brown
Left Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Yellow
Right Rear Speaker Positive Wire (+): Dark Blue
Right Rear Speaker Negative Wire (-): Light Blue

I then plugged in the wiring harness that i connected to my Dual CD Stereo, into my deville radio input (followed the instructions perfectly...so i thought?...) and i'm all excited to use my new sub system with my new aftermarket player....turn the ignition on.............and nothing=( no lights on the system or anything....BUT, it did eject the CD that was in the CD Stereo...but nothing else, (yes I did press the power button....) and I also borrowed my friends older DUAL CD player ) thinking maybe mine is shot, but his did the same as well... no power, but a cd popped out...nothing else tho=(

Please help, if pictures are needed for more info I can go out quick n take a few and upload them, any advice/help is greatly appreciated (I've put wayyy to much time into troubleshooting this issue with no luck)

Old 05-16-2009, 03:15 PM

Shouldn't constant power be red wire?

Old 03-17-2010, 04:47 PM
Default Dang deville 2000

to hook up a radio to a 2000 deville you must pay like 120 for a harness. you can purchass it from best buy in the car audio section or they can send you on the right path. if you bypass the harness and hook the wires up directly you can burn out your ecm " computer board" in your car. you need the harness to place another radio in this vehicle.

Old 03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
Tech Certified Members

What kind of radio did you take out?

Old 11-04-2012, 07:54 PM

I just got a 99 deville 2 days ago...i am working some some battery drain issues, but, I was looking into buying an aftermarket stero, so i can hook up my ipod or load up a 16 gig usb stick for tons of music.

but after seeing a lot of posts with anti-theft system issues dealing with the stereo, and all sorts of work arounds, i think I'll just sit this one out.