Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

WET CARPET UNDER FRONT PASSENGER SEAT AFTER CAR DRIVEN IN THE RAIN

Old 09-19-2006, 06:57 PM
Default WET CARPET UNDER FRONT PASSENGER SEAT AFTER CAR DRIVEN IN THE RAIN

CARPET GETS WET UNDER PASSENGER SEAT AND EVENTUALLY ENDS UP SOAKING FLOOR AT REAR SEAT
THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN DRIVEN IN RAIN. WATER IS CLEAR NOT COOLANT, DOESENT SEEM TO HAPPEN UNLESS DRIVEN

Old 09-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: WET CARPET UNDER FRONT PASSENGER SEAT AFTER CAR DRIVEN IN THE RAIN

What year?
How many miles?

Old 09-19-2006, 09:49 PM

Lots of places to look for leaks. What year is it and are you sure you have to drive this vehicle to make it leak. Does the car ever sit outside in the rain?

Old 09-19-2006, 10:58 PM

2003 garage kept 24000 miles

Old 09-19-2006, 11:02 PM

when car out in rain carpet dry till driven.only flat section of carpet wet. returns dry and front under pass mat dry

Old 09-20-2006, 08:17 PM

hi hot rod. i have an 03 cts bought in fla. driven to new york last june. my son(caddy salesman) in sarasota noticed wet trunk pad while still at the dealer. tech pulled the trunk mat and tire cover to discover 4 inches of water in the tire well. siphoned out water, dealer changed pad dried it out and off i went to n.y. we all figured it was crushed trunk weather stripping due to trunk lite wires that crimped weatherstripping....OK..car was never in deep puddles but was outside in monsoon type rain storms last sept and same in april this year. while preparing for trip back to fla in june 05 right after a major rain storm i checked the spare tire and to my amazement there was 9 inches of water in the spare tire well, the floor was soaked and my rugs in the back seat were under water all the way uo to the front firewall. i called the dealer in fla made an appointment, since i was gonna be there anyway and they were familiar with this car. it took me 8 hours to dismantle, dry out and put back together this submarine and i drove off very pissed to fla. my son had a crew of people waiting when i arrived at the dealer. after 2 days of re-dismantling my car a mechanic figured out the car had a defective weld and seals in the trunk on the right side. when he poured water over the rear window it ran down the track along the trunk and straight inside. so when it rained the water would fill up the spare tire well to the top and when i braked the water would rush forward into the back seat and flood the floor up to the front. they kept it a total of 5 days, gave me an escalade for the week and replaced all the carpets, rear seat and rear seat back rear seat belts( water stains) and every thing in the trunk. its been over a year and every thing is dry as a bone......now i know this is probably more than you wanted to here but check the well in the trunk and if there is water in there have the dealer check with Coast Cadillac in sarasota fl and they might help your mechanic find the problem ..P.S you might only have a clogged a/c drain tube whitch runs under the pass carpet....if not GOOD LUCK!!!! bob merila

Old 09-20-2006, 10:40 PM

tHANKS i'LL CHECK IT OUT

Old 10-04-2006, 05:33 PM

My 98 CATERA has a rain and water drain at the right front corner (passenger side) where the cabin air filer is. The drain got full of debris to the point that the water drain was pluged. When it would fill up, the water would spill over into the vent area by the cabin air filter and drain into the cab of the car from under the pasenger side of the dash. it took me months to find the leek. The Hubacher Cadillac tried to tell me it was a body weld and it would cost a fortune to fix. I took the car to a friends garage and we found the plugged drain as soon as we put the car up in the air. Cleaned the drain out and never had that problem again.

If the car is parked under or was parked under a tree prior to buying it, that drain could be pluged with debris. I know the CTS and CATERA are different cars, but the cabin air intake box and water drain are similar on all the Cadillacs for the most part. Check this first before you spend too much money on a simple fix.

Joey1127

Old 10-05-2006, 11:17 AM

tHANKS

Old 10-07-2006, 03:08 PM

Are you saying it gets wet in the garage?

Look for leaks...make sure windows go up.

Maybe there is a hole in the floor and God made the rain go up [&:]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WET CARPET UNDER FRONT PASSENGER SEAT AFTER CAR DRIVEN IN THE RAIN