Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Service brake assist

Old 04-01-2011, 04:26 PM
Default 06 cadillac cts

My dash warning lights are on for the abs/trac control.brake. I get the brake assist msg on the radio screen as well. My brake lights are on (on rear of car obviously) and I have an excessive amount of brake dust on the rear passenger wheel. I took my car to be serviced and received these codes and was told to go to the dealership, I am leery of this due to the fact that last time i was there they charged me $50 to patch my tire due to a slow leak. The codes are C0281 and C0550. Has anyone had this similar issue, I really don't want to take it in and have them throw parts at it.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:09 AM

06 CTS- brake failure when making sharp turns into parking spots or moving at slow speeds. ABS, TC lights come on and message says- Service brake assist. If you let off brake and push again brakes come back. No Code. Brakes have been checked they are fine. Dealer can't get it act up for them. Seems a lot of cars 04-07 models with the same issue.

Old 06-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Default Service Brake Assist & Traction Control Engaged

My Traction Control was engaging everytime I would hit bumps and eventually I had a warning message that came on that said I needed to "Service Brake Assist". When that message came up, my Traction Control light and ABS light also came on. They shut off with the car but the traction control kept coming on... so often that I eventually shut the traction control off. I happened to need an oil change so I mentioned it to the technicians. They changed the oil and rotated tires, per usual, and when they took the car out the problem had cleared up. I'm hoping it was a loose sensor wire or something that was fixed with the tire rotation. The roads have been especially bad after this long winter, so hitting potholes could have caused a loose connection.

Hope this is helpful!

Old 07-13-2014, 06:29 AM

You must change some i don t know what disc. Is a problem for Cadillac at 70-80000 km

Old 11-18-2014, 09:30 AM

I am having a similar issue with my '08 CTS4, my traction control and ABS lights came on about a week ago and have stayed on. I am also getting warnings on the speedo cluster "service break assist", "service stabilitrak", "service traction control" and "stabilitrak off". I am not experiencing any brake issues, however I did just replace the front pads and all 4 tires within the last month.

Last edited by blkcaddy08; 11-18-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Old 11-18-2014, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by blkcaddy08
I am having a similar issue with my '08 CTS4, my traction control and ABS lights came on about a week ago and have stayed on. I am also getting warnings on the speedo cluster "service break assist", "service stabilitrak", "service traction control" and "stabilitrak off". I am not experiencing any brake issues, however I did just replace the front pads and all 4 tires within the last month.
Hello blkcaddy08,

I apologize for the issues you are experiencing with your CTS. It looks like you are seeking some feedback from the rest of the forum, but if you plan on contacting the dealership regarding these concerns, I would be happy to assist. Please PM me if you are interested and we can discuss your concerns further.

Have a great day,

Austin J.
Cadillac Customer Care

Old 11-27-2014, 01:36 PM

Hey there i just recently bough a 2010 cadillac cts premium the car has 43,300 miles the i would like to get an opion on something . The previous owner had Major Guard warrent and the warrenty is valid untill novemebr 2016 or 77 miles the dealer said the remaning balacin is $1,500 Should i buy it it is worth it thank you

Old 07-07-2016, 09:48 PM
Default Abs

The problem is your ABS sensor. Put a continuity tester on the sensor and it will show a complete circuit. If it doesn't then the ABS sensor is bad. That will cause a lot of different messages to appear which I'm sure you have seen.

Old 01-16-2017, 11:15 AM

hi,
I have Cadillac CTS 2008 yesterday I read warning on the dashboard display " service brake assist, service StabiliTrak, service traction control" when I open sensors I saw one sensing magnetic ring on the bearing was broken I changed that bearing. but still message showing on display please tell me how to reset that error

Old 01-17-2017, 04:38 PM
Tech Certified Members

you should have started new thread. any way you need to find out what codes are stored.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service brake assist