Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Potential New CTS Owner!

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2021, 10:04 PM
Arrow Potential New CTS Owner!

May or may not be the new owner taking delivery of a 2010 CTS 3.6 AWD Premium sedan next week. Have been in the market and cross-shopping the BMW 335 and the Cadillac ATS for similar price points/features. The CTS I may become the new owner of has 85k miles.

I'm wondering what kinds of things should I be looking out for specifically on these cars? Any issues to be aware of? Outside of general car stuff, I'm looking for anything I need to pay attention to with CTS vehicles from this era. I understand there are many options/trims/packages out there (it's GM, go figure). And from using an online "VIN decoder", I've pretty much figured out it looks like I'll have the LLT 3.6 instead of the LFX sadly, but I'll have AWD, Recaro seats, "sporty-ish" suspension, 18" wheels, etc.

What are some of the common or known problems with these cars, especially around the 85k mile mark? Anything to keep in mind before hitting 100,000 for example? Again, outside of normal stuff (i.e. changing out fluids, filters, plugs etc).

Thanks in advance

PS: Anyone reading this kicking and screaming thinking, "He should have gone with the BMW instead!"? lol

Old 10-08-2021, 03:31 PM
Default Cadillac CTS pver BMW

2010 Cadillac CTS Sedan 3.6 is still the classic car. As long as the car regularly maintained. not a problem. We've purchased more Cadillac's however this one is still our favorite.

LS

Originally Posted by thecolin
May or may not be the new owner taking delivery of a 2010 CTS 3.6 AWD Premium sedan next week. Have been in the market and cross-shopping the BMW 335 and the Cadillac ATS for similar price points/features. The CTS I may become the new owner of has 85k miles.

I'm wondering what kinds of things should I be looking out for specifically on these cars? Any issues to be aware of? Outside of general car stuff, I'm looking for anything I need to pay attention to with CTS vehicles from this era. I understand there are many options/trims/packages out there (it's GM, go figure). And from using an online "VIN decoder", I've pretty much figured out it looks like I'll have the LLT 3.6 instead of the LFX sadly, but I'll have AWD, Recaro seats, "sporty-ish" suspension, 18" wheels, etc.

What are some of the common or known problems with these cars, especially around the 85k mile mark? Anything to keep in mind before hitting 100,000 for example? Again, outside of normal stuff (i.e. changing out fluids, filters, plugs etc).

Thanks in advance

PS: Anyone reading this kicking and screaming thinking, "He should have gone with the BMW instead!"? lol