Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

How much is regular maintence? How much are parts? whats expensive? whats not?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Default How much is regular maintence? How much are parts? whats expensive? whats not?

So I am interested in getting a CTS...just want to know some pros and cons? thanx

Old 04-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Default RE: How much is regular maintence? How much are parts? whats expensive? whats not?

Hello,

I own a 2005 Cadillac CTS and I can tell you that I truly love it. The one thing that I must also tell you is to keep you some extra money for the repairs that the manufacturer warranty may not cover. Receently, I had to have my OnStar upgraded which cost a year's subscription to the OnStar Service. I had to chalk up $215.00. A couple weeks later it was time to have my 25K mileService Maintenace. The dealership checked out my vehicle and told me I needed a Wheel Alignment, Winshield Wipers, Air Filter and Front Brake Pads. I went ahead and had those services done and it costed me $415.79. The Cadillac Service Advisor prewarned me that when I reach 30K miles that the Service Maintenance will be about $350.00. Just keep in mind that the warranty does not cover things like brakes, Wipers, Air Filters, Tires and so forth. All the warranty does is cover the major repairs and some minor ones too but the things that wear and tear under normal use is not covered.If you have any other questions or would like to know more information then hit me up at uncutblkbear@aol.com

Old 04-15-2007, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: How much is regular maintence? How much are parts? whats expensive? whats not?

Thik

$415.79? I would definately like to know the breakdown on that invoice? If you don't mind that is?

Old 04-15-2007, 06:00 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: G.A.R.Y.

Thik

$415.79? I would definately like to know the breakdown on that invoice? If you don't mind that is?
dont know about the rest, but
front OEM pads are like $110 + 1 hr of labor?

Old 04-15-2007, 07:46 PM
Super Moderator

Okay, so now we just have to add the wipers, alignment and filter.

Old 04-25-2007, 10:47 AM

the rear left window mechanism in my '03 CTS died on me a few days ago and i just got it fixed today.. the wire that runs through the pulley system somehow got all warped which prevented the window from roilling up and down and u have to replace the entire thing.. cost me310 dollars [&o]

Old 04-25-2007, 11:02 PM
JV

I just had my local dealership quote me a set of pads for my 60,000 mile replacement and the stock pads are 137.00 per axel, I also had them quote ceramic pads which came to 71.00 per axel, I ended up purchasing a set of cross drilled and slotted rotors as well as pads of ebay from a place called rotor works for 170.00+shipping, they came in one week and will be installed soon but as of now its a big money saving.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Those who research are usually rewarded. Nice lookin out.

Old 05-02-2007, 05:17 AM

well my CTS has barely gone 60k miles and already the two front wheel bearings need replacing.. cost is just under 400 dollars each excluding labor.. its gonna cost me over a grand to fix this thing.. and as usual,this happens just a short while after the warranty ran out.. ouch

Old 05-02-2007, 08:55 PM

Well I’m not from USA but In my country when I bought my CTS I also bought a maintenance plane which I believe it cost me around $1500.. What this plane does is the agent is responsible of fixing every thing excluding tire & alignment and of course the battery Plus I don’t have to pay any thing for all maintenance up to 60,000Kilos …

When it reached 30,000 Kilos I notices some sound coming from the front suspension so I mention it to the dealer. When I pick it they told me that they replaced all the suspensions / brake pads/ updated my safety program… all free of charge,,

And before that, my CD changer has jammed and they fixed it Free of charge..

And 3 weeks earlier I noticed that the Rare Airbags cover is loss so they ordered a new ones and replaced them … and now I’m waiting on my new door clips (not sure of the name) to arrive …

I guess I’m lucky to pay that extra $$