Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

FE2 or FE3

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 05:28 PM
Default FE2 or FE3

I'm about to buy. Residual value, fun and otherwise, what do ya'll think?

Thanks and best,

Warren

Old 10-27-2007, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: FE2 or FE3

You didn't say whether v or not/ 258 hp or 304 hp?

In any case the residual value of this car is equal to Lexus and corvette. This car should retain more then 50% of value after 3 years. Pretty damn good. Better then BMW or Mercedes. Test drove one once fe3 package, really liked it but got the corvette instead. Good luck.

G.A.R.Y.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:18 AM

Thanks Gary! Dang, you have some neat toys.

The V is too much $$ for me. I am going with the 304 hp. I read that the FE3 is for the track but am wondering how would it do as a daily driver in a southern climate like Texas? It would seem that a limited production build like the FE3 will have a higher resale not to mention fun factor.

Old 10-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

My philosophy, get all the goodies, suspension etc. Especially if this is a car you are going to keep for a while. It will be more enjoyable for a longer time IMHO. After the warranty is up ther are a few things you can do to get more then 304hp anyway. Before the warranty is up there are a few things you can do to give it a little boost, not that it needs it.
Caddy has started a 60 month0 interest rate. This is the time to buy. You can stretch the payments with out paying ridiculous interest. Not sure if this car is involved or not . Check here for comparisons, incentives, options, residual values, different packages, and what people are REALLY paying for the car around the country.

www.kbb.com

Above all have fun with the purchase. Don't let 'em wear you down.

G.A.R.Y.