Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Dashboard and Audio/Video Solutions for 06

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Default Dashboard and Audio/Video Solutions for 06

K so I was looking so foward to putting in a Pioneer iPod/dvd/gps screen in my dash but apparently the way this car is made doesnt really allow for that...because everything goes through the radio which would be replaced.

What happens if I get rid of the stock radio which basically controls the whole car? Is that just gone?

I really need an iPod deck or something that I can just hook my iPhone up to and listen to music, so Ill take a normal non video deck if that allows it to not screw up whole thing.

Then I was thinking I could put screens in the headrests...but then where do I put DVD's?

Basically...my question is....how can I hook this car up with some iPod and DVD systems without screwing up everything.

I dont know how to install this stuff myself so I would take it to a mechanic...preferably not best buy because I talked to them today and they were a-holes

Old 02-02-2009, 02:08 AM

First if you don’t want to remove the radio the new DVD player can go in the glove compartment under a driver or pas seat or even in the trunk, then you will only have to worry about the screens. You can put it in the head rest or mount with bracket to the side of the stock radio go for the police laptop look.

Second is a new unit like the pioneer is a better option that the first but you need a custom radio mounts and new dash, witch will cast you more $. You will lose all of the car display information’s but from what I now you can still drive the car without problems but more likely you will also not be able to use existing steering column buttons.

Third get a DVD Navi from a 2005 CTS it’s a simple installation and all you have to do then is just go to a dealer and reprogram the car to recognize it. After that buy this part and you can connect it to the DVD NAVI and use you ipod

This is the link

http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/ipodkit/index.html

Last edited by kade7236; 02-02-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:42 AM
Talking

and never never go to best buy

Old 02-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Default Resetting the personalized name on the DIC display

I just bought a 2007 CTS. How do I delete the previous owner's name that pops up on the DIC display and replace it with my name?