Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

CTS Navigation System

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:02 PM
Default CTS Navigation System

Hey guys! I'm looking to buy a Cadillac CTS, probably a 2005/2006 model. I'm pretty excited about it, but my one question is - is it possible to put in a navigation system in an 05 or 06 that doesn't come with one?

I've tried googling it and looking it up, however, I can't find anything on the particular topic, just cars for sale with navigation systems in them. I believe I did find one site that said, "Yes", but when I go to search for a site that sells them, I only find the upgrade disc, not the actual flat screen system itself.

Any tips/hints/suggestions on any of this is greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is asked somewhere else on the forum, I looked at all the other boards, but couldn't find the question posted anywhere. Also, does the navigation system also play DVDs?

Thank you!

Old 08-03-2009, 07:19 PM

I have an 05 with Nav. I borrowed a friends Garmin Nuvi when I took a trip in my truck and was really impressed with the new features that have come along since 05. If you could find a good place to mount it that seems like the easiest way to go. And yes the factory Nav plays DVD's as long as the vehicle is in park.

Old 08-03-2009, 07:28 PM

Did yours come with navigation or did you have to install in later on? I have a Garmin Nuvi in my current car, but it's just mounted to the windshield, not installed in the car or anything. I do like the look of the navigation installed in the car, though.

Thanks for replying!

Old 08-06-2009, 07:48 PM

My car came with the Nav from the factory. I have no idea what would be involved in trying to install one after the fact. But I kinda doubt you could just unplug the non-Nav radio, pull it out and install a Nav radio and expect it to function. I could be wrong but I suspect it may be a little more involved.The Nav uses the same screen as the radio, CD and XM info. But, best of luck if you want to give it a go!
Mike.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Default Navigation System

Yes, you can add a factory system (if you can find one) but it will have to programmed at the dealer first. You can also add an aftermarket in dash system but it is a little costly because you have to purchase the installation kit for about $40.00 and a harness to the connect it to the computer for about $200.00. You will also need a second harness if you have the steering wheel controls, which cost about $100.00.

Old 11-10-2009, 03:41 AM
Default Car Navigation System required: London Taxi Company

HI ,

We are a taxi company Hummingbird Cars in London. We provide Airport Transfer service from all london airports.

We have recently started our new business and we require to buy Car navigation system or Tom Toms . Can anyone suggest which company is the best and where we can get the best deals.

http://www.hummingbirdcars.com

Thank you

Alex

Old 11-11-2009, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by jackballin
Yes, you can add a factory system (if you can find one) but it will have to programmed at the dealer first. You can also add an aftermarket in dash system but it is a little costly because you have to purchase the installation kit for about $40.00 and a harness to the connect it to the computer for about $200.00. You will also need a second harness if you have the steering wheel controls, which cost about $100.00.

i wondered if u can swap in a factory unit where the wasnt one before...

Old 03-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Default Got a radio/dvd/nav system sitting around collecting dust

Got a radio/dvd/nav 6 disc changer system sitting around collecting dust. its off a 03 cts but will fit 04 05 and has the nav disc. I live in ontario canada, if interested e-mail me alain.menard01@gmail.com

Old 04-06-2010, 10:45 AM
Lightbulb 03-04 Nav.

Now, I have the standard little radio with the little digital screen. If I could find a Factory Nav, for an 03-04.. could I just install it (dealer sets it up) ?

Old 04-12-2010, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Taytum
Hey guys! I'm looking to buy a Cadillac CTS, probably a 2005/2006 model. I'm pretty excited about it, but my one question is - is it possible to put in a navigation system in an 05 or 06 that doesn't come with one?

I've tried googling it and looking it up, however, I can't find anything on the particular topic, just cars for sale with navigation systems in them. I believe I did find one site that said, "Yes", but when I go to search for a site that sells them, I only find the upgrade disc, not the actual flat screen system itself.

Any tips/hints/suggestions on any of this is greatly appreciated. Sorry if this is asked somewhere else on the forum, I looked at all the other boards, but couldn't find the question posted anywhere. Also, does the navigation system also play DVDs?

Thank you!
It is possible but it's not simple. The dealer only sales the complete dash kit, not just the navigation system, for around $2400.00 You can buy one used from ebay/junk yard and have it installed, then you will have to get it programmed at the dealer. You can also have a after market one installed but you will have to buy a harness for the computer system and another harness if you have the Bose stereo so you will probably end up paying well over $1000 for that.

Quick Reply: CTS Navigation System