Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

Check Engine Light/Reduced Engine Power?? (ANyone please help)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 01:29 AM

Hey Drama,

Did you ever get this situation fixed? I have a 03 CTS with TC light coming on and car staling out on me as well...has done it twice. I did get the TC light and the Engine light and also the coment about my lost of power. So I guess these 03 aren't the best of a deal with all the 03 electrical issues???

So what was the outcome, would like to see what aves you had to cross to get results. OR anyones input.

thanks in advance,

p..s. if my 51 cuts out...its normally just NO gas. =)

Old 09-11-2010, 12:45 AM

Same problem. Traction Control, reduced engine power, downshifts rough. Need help, already changed out the throttle body once but propblem came back. Please help. My email is bcheung002@hotmail.com. THANK YOU SOOOOOOO MUCH.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Hey guys, 2003 CTS and most of GM electronic throttle controls with a reduced engine power light and lost of power is caused by the ECM recieving incorrect information between the electronic throttle body to the gas pedal position sensors. 80% of the time a replacement throttle body with a new harness pig tail to the throttle body will fix this issue. 10% cleaning the throttle body might fix this but if all this has been performed then the engine harness assembly is the next step. hope this helps

Old 06-06-2011, 06:26 PM

I have the same car same problem, Don't have warranty on my car, what's the best thing I should do? just take my car to the dealership and see what they tell me? or take my car to a shop and just ask how much they would charge me to replace the "THROTTLE BODY AND HARNESS PIG TAIL"?? thanks guys

Old 06-07-2011, 06:38 AM

try a little dielectric grease at the ecm connector. we had many issues with the ecm normal we replaced a bunch of them but found grease work sometimes

Old 06-08-2011, 09:19 AM

aescajeda2, have you been able to resolve this issue for yourself or are you still looking for assistance? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 07-12-2011, 08:24 PM

my car is running "alright", the T/C light and Check Engine lights are still on and wont go away. but I dont want to wait for the problem to show up again.. It also says "service vehicle soon" and yeah.. still looking for assistance ):

Originally Posted by Cadillac Customer Service
aescajeda2, have you been able to resolve this issue for yourself or are you still looking for assistance? Thank you for your time.

Jeff Morris, Cadillac Customer Service

Old 07-14-2011, 11:50 AM

With your vehicle in that kind of shape I would have to suggest that you have your vehicle checked out by your dealership. They should get you the diagnosis you're looking for and if it turns out to be simple enough it would give you a good direction on performing the work yourself. I hope that helps and if you have continued trouble with the vehicle or in working with your dealer, let me know and I'll do what I can for you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service

Old 08-04-2011, 01:50 PM

does anyone no if 2003 cts has problum with throttle body?looking at purchasing one???the owner said she had it replaced but needs to be takin to dealership to reset computer? should i not buy the car?/ its a good deal if it RUNS help any fedback thx maruca601

Old 02-06-2013, 02:24 PM

Had the same problem with my 2010 SRX - hard starting - once it started engine went into reduced power mode and traction manage light and engine light came on. Drove home at 20 mph - restarted in driveway - everything normal except engine light was still on.
Dealer scanned and retreived code DIC P1682. Replaced Powertrain relay in UBEC. Fingers crossed that this works as this is the second visit to the dealer for the same problem.

Quick Reply: Check Engine Light/Reduced Engine Power?? (ANyone please help)