Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

3.6 extended crank problems Help!!

Old 02-08-2017, 07:35 PM
Default 3.6 extended crank problems Help!!

Hello everyone im new here hoping to figure this problem out i am having!

i bought a 2007 cts from an auction that was not running i got it home and stuck my breaker bar on the crank pulley and it was locked up so i pulled the engine and bought a 3.6 out a 2005 cts from ebay. i put all the cars original sensors on the 2005 engine including the original wiring harness and pcm.

the car runs awesome no misfire or anything like that however when i go to start it up it just cranks , flip the key off try again then it will hesitate to start then fires up and ready to drive i have a check engine light and it says cam position sensor high voltage for all 4 sensors A & B bank 1 & Bank 2 all high voltage!. i swapped sensors from the other engine back and same problem i took a test light and put it on positive to check witch wire was ground and it lights up on all 3 wires. do i have a short somewhere? is it the computer im at lost for words on this please help thanks

Old 02-09-2017, 12:48 PM
Tech Certified Members

I think you will need to go to dealer. there was a software update which may apply. Also the sensors can monitored with tech 2 it could be just recalibrating everything. I'm not sure about compatibility of the two different years.