Cadillac CTS The mid-sized sedan that has grown the popularity of the Cadillac brand with it's low price and sleek styling

2003 CTS "Service Stability System"

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 07:27 PM
Default 2003 CTS "Service Stability System"

Has anyone else seen this message on their driver information display? If so, what was the extent of the servicing required? The car seems to drive and operate just fine. I am assuming that one of the 80 sensors they have in this system may be malfunctioning.

Thanks!

Old 03-06-2006, 11:36 AM
Default RE: 2003 CTS "Service Stability System"

You may be headed for the problem I encountered: the stability system would activate when the car was going in a , straight line on dry roadway. It would repeat the problem, and when it got to the third occurance it would turn off the cruise control. I struggled mightily with at least four service calls to my regular dealer until another dealer was able to isolate the problem and fix it: a sensor in the steering column, of all places, was faulty. The problem the service guys have is that they cannot diagnose the problem if it is not occuring, so they have to be lucky to have it arise when the car is logged on to their diagnostic computer. Good luck!

Old 03-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Default RE: 2003 CTS "Service Stability System"

I agree and had the same problem. Apparently that system is set up to correct the direction of the car in case you lose control. The car will adjust itself depending on the position of the steering wheel. When mine would go off, the car would be a struggle to drive for a moment until the stability system kicked off. My suggestion is to fix it soon!