No Anti Lock

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2014, 09:11 PM
Default No Anti Lock

I have a 1993 Sedan deVille that I just recently purchased. The car has 77,000 miles on it and has been garaged but serviced regularly for the last ten years approximately.

I have noticed that the Anti-Lock light on the dash does not come on during bulb check. I believe that the car does have anti-lock brakes because of the trim on the brake pedal and the fluid reservoir of this generation would indicate that the car does have anti-lock brakes. I have checked visually and with an ohm meter all fuses pertaining to the system including fuses under the dash and in the maxi center under the hood.

While it is summer now and I don't need the anti-lock brakes right now I would like them if the car has them before winter. My only thoughts are that the couple that had the vehicle before me had them disabled some way but I am not certain where to even look. While this could be a bulb burnt out I am highly doubting it and would like something easier to check rather than to disassemble the entire instrument cluster to find that the bulb is good.

Anyone have any other ideas what I can look for and how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-24-2014, 07:15 AM
Exclamation

While looking it up online, they all say to have a GM shop (or any other mechanic with a brake diagnostic) check the ABS system. Brake codes will not show up on the dash, so if something truly is bad, it won't show up there. I seriously doubt the past owners disconnected it, it would be a big job for something so small, but the mechanic can tell.

TS

Old 04-24-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Certified Members

ABS unit would be on left front of sub-frame near transmission. Bulb maybe inop or missing. You need a factory manual

Old 10-01-2014, 12:09 AM
Banned

Nice suggestion about it,you need a manual system for your car. Once i am also stuck in the same situation so you to look for it on eBay to get a better one.Choice yours what would you like.