From smog drive cycle to dead transmission..

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 03:21 PM
Default From smog drive cycle to dead transmission..

Ive had alot of dead batteties in my 04cts...never had to do a "drive cycle." ..30days into this "drive cycle" and 30 min after my cold start drive cycle. Push the gas nothing like in neutral... I shift all of them nothing. I shut it off restart she gives me a few blocks then gone...so i tow her home and just to see..i turn it on amd the nosie was horrible a new one on me. What lead to being involved in this drive cycle smog hell was from the visit to the auto repair infact thinkin it was the tranny.
no...
Water pump not tranny. He swears he checked the tranny all the way. (Not looking at fault or blame here)
right now Its in my driveway im not gonna give anyone a dime til i get some info on this.
How did i go from a water pump to a drive cycle to useless tranny?? wen ive had so many dead batteries and never had to drive cycle .
wen i picked the car up
It drove so bad ,shifting hard, cuttin out then slowly in the 30 days i had it, until this assumed tranny fail , it was slowly improving but i was stuck at 55.mph choke out as if no gas and the tranny was late... The day she failed i felt like i was close to completing this drive cycle...smooth drive finally before the fail. . 30 min later no drive no reverse no nothing...but a sore back from pushin her. I dunno....bummed cuz i love driving her...rockin the 73 caddy but i want my 04 fixed ....