Aluminum Block V8s 4.1, 4.5, 4.6, and 4.9 liter engines.

98 Deville Non-start issue

Old 01-23-2017, 10:14 AM
Default 98 Deville Non-start issue

Hello all, I just joined here hoping to get some insight to an issue I'm having with my 98 Deville.
Heres a little recent history on it.
I bought it from a little old lady who had it sitting for about 2 years in her driveway. The reason being that it leaked coolant from somewhere but not sure where. They replaced the radiator due to a leak, replaced the coolant reservoir due to a leak. The heater core leaked so they bypassed that. She drove it a while, then it started leaking again, and thats when she parked it. I bought it and found the metal coolant line under the reservoir was cracked and leaking, so I re-routed the hose around the front of the engine and connected it to the thermostat housing. It didn't leak any further. I tried to drive it to work one morning and it started overheating. So I turned around and went home (2 miles). On the way home, it had reduced power, but got me home. I parked it and found that it had low coolant (I must've not let it burp). I refilled it and it idled fine. I went to move it in my driveway a couple weeks ago, and it was misfiring quite bad. Now when I go to start it, it turns over, backfires and pops, but wont start. I have a cheap scanner and the code is P0300. Even if one or 2 of the plugs were faulty, it would still run, correct? The fuel pump is turning on as I can hear it. When I bought the car, it was almost empty on fuel. When I got it running, I filled it with fresh fuel. Any help would be greatly appreciated.