Hiking alone and criminal activity

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Certified Members
Default Walking or Hiking alone and criminal activity

Hiking alone and criminal activity
the pics speak loud and clear.

---------------------------

Hiking alone and criminal activity-buddy-up.jpg Hiking alone and criminal activity-john-gardner-.jpg Hiking alone and criminal activity-chelsea-king-b.jpg Hiking alone and criminal activity-amber-dubois.jpg Hiking alone and criminal activity-chelsea-king-.jpg

------------------------------------

Last edited by stomper; 03-15-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:35 PM
Tech Certified Members

Hiking alone and criminal activity-atlanta_missing_hiker_ap_1.jpg Hiking alone and criminal activity-buddy-up.jpg Click image for larger version

Name:	atlanta_missing_hiker_ap_1.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	381 Click image for larger version

Name:	buddy up.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	382

this scene repeats itself hundreds if not thousands of times in all areas of this country. if you doubt it, give me the name of your city, your living region, and i'll find a crime of this nature.

the most common age of victims? 12 to 24 years old.

that sign should be posted at every hiking or jogging trail, better yet, on your refrigerator door!

----------------------
Click image for larger version

ID:	382 Click image for larger version

ID:	382
----------------------

'The New Year’s Day disappearance of a female hiker and her dog from a popular trail in the Georgia mountains is tragic and frightening. As an avid female hiker myself, and one who regularly hikes with only my dogs, this story really hits home.
There’s nothing I love more than a nice, long, solitary hike in the woods. I can breathe, collect my thoughts (or let them wander), and decompress. I’m never completely alone, of course — I have my two dogs, but they’re more likely to lick a stranger than to growl at one.

We don’t yet know what happened to Meredith Emerson, but she was seen by several witnesses with a strange man on the trail.'
~ Atlanta blog

----------------------

'Meredith Emerson's body was found on January 7, 2008. Gary Michael Hilton has been convicted of her kidnapping and murder. Hilton was detained after trying to use Emerson's credit card. On January 1, 2008 Meredith Emerson, a 24-year-old hiker, set out on a hike with her dog. She was last seen walking on Freeman Trail with her dog and an older man.

Hilton mentioned that Meredith had given him the incorrect pin number to her debit card and that kept her alive for the three days while he beat the info out of her.

Judge Daniel Coursey of the DeKalb Superior Court blocked access to the pictures of the beaten and decapitated body.'

Last edited by stomper; 03-15-2010 at 07:41 PM.